Feasty "Apple-Kraut" Sausage
- 2 lb. Usinger Smoked Polish Sausage
- 1/2 lb. Cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 cup Beer
- 3 lbs. Fresh Sauerkraut
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Apple Juice or Cider
- 3 red delicious apples, cored/sliced thin
Remove sauerkraut from bag and place in a colander. Rinse well and squeeze dry. Place half of the sauerkraut in the bottom of slow-cooker. Cut smoked sausage into 2" pieces. Place cut sausage atop sauerkraut in slow-cooker and top w/ remaining ingredients. Top off with the remaining half of rinsed sauerkraut.
Place lid on slow-cooker and cook on "high" for 4 hours. DO NOT stir until cooking time has elapsed.